Making the most of your credit begins with taking proactive steps to protect it. ScoreSense can help you understand the steps to take once a year, each quarter and every month. With your credit scores and reports from ScoreSense, plus tools and resources to keep you informed about your standing, you can confidently monitor your credit health.
With ScoreSense and these steps, you can get started on the right path:
ONCE A YEAR:
- Take a hard look at your financial reality – what are your income streams versus debts?
- Create a budget based on your findings.
- Make a plan before you apply for big-ticket financing on a home, car, etc.
- Refocus your efforts to reduce your debt wherever possible.
- Make realistic adjustments to your budget.
- Assess your effort to become “approval-ready” for a future loan.
- Do a reality check on your debt repayment progress.
- Check your credit scores and reports to monitor your progress.
- Do your scores reflect your debt reduction efforts?
- Can your scores reduce your interest rate on existing credit cards?
- Are your scores on track to qualify you for a low-interest loan?
- Monitor your credit reports for signs of identity theft or fraud.
- Unauthorized activity could indicate your personal information is being sold on the black market.
- Monitor your credit reports for errors or outdated information.
- Verify that all the information on your credit reports is accurate and up to date to protect your scores.
- One in 5 people have an error on their credit reports that can lower their scores.
- Lower scores can cost you loan approval or hundreds of dollars every month in higher interest payments.
Good credit is a powerful tool that can help make your financial life easier to navigate. ScoreSense gives you exclusive access to valuable information and easy-to-use tools to help you optimize your credit health – and your financial future.